Effective as of 30th October 2012.
Last updated: 30th October 2012.
artfinder.com and any related domains (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Art Discovery Limited (“AF”, “we” or “us").
- 2.1 User Registration: Personal information that you provide when registering as a user on the Site including but not limited to, for example, your name, date of birth and email address.
- 2.2 Usernames and/or Email Addresses: If we decide to offer users the opportunity or ability to participate in online discussion forums then you may be required to provide us with your username and/or email address so we are able to respond to any queries you or other users may have. AF recommends you take great care when choosing your username as even if you do not provide any personal information to us, your username may reveal personal information about yourself (e.g. age or name). This information may be available to registered users, us, and the general public.
- 2.3 Site Visits: Details of any visits you make to the Site which may include, but is not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, other communication data, and the resources that you access or use.
- 2.4 IP Address and Browser Information: We may collect information about your computer, laptop or mobile media device which may include, but is not limited to, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, to develop the Site and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and no individual is identified.
- 2.5 Cookies: For the same reason, we may also obtain information about your general internet usage and browsing habits. We may do this by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Please read Section 6 which provides more information on cookies.
- 2.6 Competitions: We may request additional information when you enter a competition or promotion. The information we may request you to provide may include, but shall not be limited to, your name, age, gender and other demographic information.
- 2.8 Surveys: We may provide you with the opportunity to complete surveys that we may use for research purposes. You may be offered some form of incentive to complete the survey. These surveys are completely optional and you may decide not to respond to them.
- 2.9 Third Party Products and Services: We do not collect any personal information (e.g. credit card numbers and addresses) related to any transaction where you choose to purchase any products or services by clicking on a third party link on the Site. However we may collect information relating to the number of generic users who click on such links, the number of purchases and/or the value of the purchases made by these generic users.
- 3.4 All information you provide to us may be stored on our servers or the servers of a third party in which case you consent to the transfer, storing or processing of such data by third parties which may be situated outside the EEA.
- 3.6 The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although AF will do our best to protect your personal data and use industry standard procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access by a third party, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. You accept that transmission of your personal data is done at your own risk.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION
We may collect and process the following information about you:
3. CONSENT AND STORAGE
4. USING INFORMATION
- Non-personally identifiable information may be shared with third parties to help us to introduce, develop and improve the Site, our service and the user experience or for other purposes, such as providing more relevant services and advertisements to users.
- We may use your email address to contact you and send you notifications or information related to the Site. We may also use you email address for security reasons so that we can verify your identity.
- You may be able to set preferences and control the elements of your personal information which are shared with other users of the Site. If you choose to display personal information such as comments, photos, videos, or other information to other users of the Site, you accept that you do so at your own risk. AF recommends that you do not share any personal contact information. You can review and change your privacy settings and personal profile, including who has access to your personal profile, at any time.
- AF may at our sole discretion and without prior notice disclose users’ personally identifiable information if we reasonably believe we are compelled to do so by any law, regulation or other government authority, in order to protect our rights and/or property or the rights and/or property of the general public. We may also co-operate with law enforcement agencies and where required, may disclose users’ personally identifiable information.
5. ACQUISITIONS AND DISPOSALS
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we acquire or dispose of any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or purchaser of such business or assets; or if our assets or a substantial part of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
The Site may contain links to and from third party websites or the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You must be 13 (thirteen) or over to register for the Site or, if you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to register on your behalf especially as there may be content that is inappropriate for children. We do not knowingly collect any person information from anyone who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register as a user of the Site without their parent or guardian’s express permission. If we become, or are made aware that we have collected personal information from such a person then we will we delete this information including their registered user account. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete all relevant personal information.
Cookies are small files that contain information that is transferred to your computer, laptop or mobile media device's hard drive. They are used by many sites to provide features to their users. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to log and quickly retrieve your login information and provide data to enable us to develop and improve the Site. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information provided by users. We also use persistent cookies which stay on your computer, laptop or mobile media device after you have gone offline. Persistent cookies can be found in your browser’s cookies folder and remain there after you have gone offline.
- 9.2 Certain third party individuals or organisations may be granted access to your personal information (excluding your email address) as a result of agreements between AF and its affiliates and/or advertising partners. (However, if you provide your e-mail address and/or username directly to any such third parties, they may use your information for their own purposes.) Our partners may use such information for their own purposes, which may be either commercial or non-commercial in nature and which may also include targeted advertising or direct marketing. These third parties may be based in the United Kingdom or abroad (including outside of the EEA).
- 9.4 We may also transfer statistical or generic trend information about use of the Site, such as information stored via cookies or statistical information, to advertisers. This information will not identify any individuals
- 9.5 Please visit the Internet Advertising Bureau’s consumer website Your Online Choices which will provide you with information about how you can opt out from any targeted advertising delivered by IAB member advertising networks.
10. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For the purpose of the Act, the data controller is: Digital Compliance Officer.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is: Digital Compliance Officer.