Photography guidelines for customers
Upload a photo with your review
Show us how your new artwork fits into your room and help inspire the Artfinder community. Art brings life and soul to our home and nobody can show this better than you.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for beautiful images of your new artwork in your home. Here are a few steps you can follow to make sure that you get it in it’s best light:
- We want to see how the art is fitting into your life and your space. We’re not looking for close-ups of the art on a white wall, so please do include furniture or other objects that put the art into context. i.e - Is the new piece above your sofa? Or in your bathroom? Is that obvious from the photo?
- Make sure that you take the photo during daylight hours, but not in such bright sunlight that strong shadows are created.
- Make sure that the artwork is in the centre of the shot, and close-up enough to see the art clearly.
- Try to make sure that the photo isn’t blurry or grainy and that it’s taken straight on, not at an angle. If you’re taking the photos on your phone, it’s always worth looking at them on your computer to check the quality on a larger screen.
- Make sure your photo is in the right file format (jpg or png) and has a maximum file size of 10Mb
- Ideally, send us a high resolution image (more than 1200 x 1200px)
Inspiration from the community
Please note any photographs you upload may be published on Artfinder and used for promotional purposes.