Customer Terms and Conditions for Commissions
Terms for Customers
- Customer’s obligation
- The customer (the “buyer”) will provide all necessary information (including images where applicable) in order for the artist to agree a timeline, a scope and a fixed price for the commissioned artwork. Once authorised, the buyer will stay in regular contact with both the artist and the Artfinder team until the transaction is completed. The customer agrees to accept the artwork as it is shipped (e.g. stretched/framed/rolled in a tube), in accordance with what has been agreed with the artist.
- The price agreed with the artist will not change once the deposit has been paid unless otherwise agreed between the customer and the artist.
- The buyer will pay an agreed amount, as a non-refundable initial deposit, at the commencement of the transaction at which point the customer commits to purchasing the final product provided all interim progress reports meet their approval. The customer will check and provide feedback on all progress updates from the artist. Continuing the exchange of messages with the artist may constitute approval of the progress under these terms, unless expressly stated in a timely manner in a communication to Artfinder.
- The customer will pay the final balance once the artwork has been completed. The buyer will forfeit the non-refundable deposit should they choose not to proceed with the order.
- The customer will respect the artist’s creative process, style and technique as part of the artistic process involved in the creation of the commission. The buyer will accept the artist’s freedom of expression in accordance with their practice. By paying the deposit the customer confirms that they base their decision to proceed with the commission on the artist’s body of work presented to the customer on Artfinder at the time of requesting the commission.
- You are not obliged to proceed with the commission until you have paid the deposit.
- Artfinder’s obligation
- Artfinder (“we”) act as artist’s agent for the commissioned order.
- We will work together with the artist and the customer to ensure the financial aspect of the commission is carried out in a smooth and timely manner. We will send to the buyer and the seller a written confirmation regarding the receipt of the deposit and the final payment at every stage that it is required.
- We will liaise between the customer and the artist as and when it is appropriate, at the request of either the buyer or the seller, throughout the course of the transaction. We will put through the order manually, on the customer’s behalf, when we have collected the funds for the final balance.
- We will oversee delivery and receipt of the artwork at which point the transaction will be concluded. We will be available for questions and concerns throughout and afterwards as necessary.
- Returns & Disputes
- The customer waives any right to a return for a custom made product, including any framing if applicable. A return can only be accepted if the artwork arrives with the customer in an unsatisfactory state and then the normal Artfinder returns procedure will apply and the customer will receive a full refund, including the initial deposit.
- If there is a dispute between the customer and the artist, regarding the final product meeting the initial criteria, we will offer assistance on a case-by-case basis. The artist is under no obligation to create a second commissioned artwork if the customer is dissatisfied with the first.
- Artfinder reserves the right to issue the customer a refund should the artist deliver an artwork that clearly and significantly differs from the agreed brief, or if the artist provided insufficient progress updates to the customer via the Artfinder messaging system.
- The final resolution for any and all disputes will be taken by Artfinder and must be accepted by both parties.