My artwork arrived damaged
We understand how disappointing it is to receive a damaged artwork, so if this happens, please get in touch with the artist straight away as they may be able to repair or replace your artwork.
What are my options?
- Repairing the artwork. If the damage is something the artist is able to repair, then the artist could offer this option to you. We will arrange the return of the artwork to the artist courtesy of Artfinder, and will be able to repair it, and once you have confirmed you are happy with the repair, the artist will then reship the artwork to you.
- Reimbursement of the repair costs. If the artist is unable to repair the artwork themself but you are able to take this to a specialist to repair it for you, you may wish to simply receive the cost of repair. In these cases, we are able to partially refund you from the order.
- A replacement. For certain artworks, such as prints, the artist may be able to offer you a replacement. We would proceed with a return as normal, but instead of refunding you, the artist would send you a replacement. The artist may also wish to offer you a commissioned piece in lieu of the damaged artwork if it's beyond repair.
It is important to note that these options are not mandatory, and if the artist is unable to offer any of the above, then you will be able to return the damaged artwork and receive a refund.
How can I request a return?
In order to request a return, please follow the steps below. Once the artwork has been collected by the courier, we will issue you with a full refund. It is important to note that if you are returning the artwork for a replacement, or in order for it to be repaired by the artist, you will need to inform us of this by contacting us on email@example.com
- Log into your Artfinder account
- Go to your 'Orders' page
- Click on the white 'Return or Replace items' button next to the order that you wish to return
- Fill in and submit the form
We ask that you include detailed photos of the damage sustained where possible, which you can attach with the submission of the returns form. We also ask that you retain and return the artwork in its original packaging, where possible, though we recognise that there may be occasions when the packaging itself is damaged too. If the packaging is not sufficient for returning the artwork, please contact our Support and Operations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise further.